This building was once the head office of Bell Canada. It was built between 1927-1929, with a steel frame. In the 20's the advances in construction technology allowed architects and engineers to conceive higher buildings which were often taken as emblematic of the proprietor's prestige. At the time, the Beaver Hall was the second tallest building in the city (the Royal Bank Tower was the highest) and was designed to include a number of services to employees, like lounges, a nursing station and a preventive medicine office. The official address is 1050 Beaver Hall, however the sketch was made from the point of view of the National Bank building front door, which is at 600 de la Gauchetière, in Downtown Montréal.