Wednesday, April 1, 2009

EDM # 51-Draw your TV


Well, this is my TV and the shelf which keeps it off the floor. I can't count how many times there have been plans to replace them: a hd flat screen and a proper stand are still in my wish list...
The pictured show is not my favorite. It just happens that I did the sketch on Sunday, the night of the Jutra Awards (thik of it as the Québecois Oscar).  I think it would be really difficult to draw a sitcom or a series: I would get distracted by the plot and by hitting the mute button at every publicity break. 
Drawing with the permanent liner was challenging and required more concentration than sketching with pencil. It forced me to really focus on the different planes to avoid overlapping, and to constantly check for the right proportions and relation between the elements before drawing a single line.  I would definitely try more inks in my future drawings, I get a sense of discipline when I use them.

No comments: