Friday, May 4, 2012

Riviera Maya

tulum1tulum2riviera_maya1riviera_maya2riviera_maya3riviera_maya4
riviera_maya5riviera_maya6

Riviera Maya, a set on Flickr.

Back from a one week vacation to the Riviera Maya, in Mexico. I was dying to dive head first in the turquoise waters nearby the Tulum archeological site and got my wish. I am so grateful that I was granted the opportunity to go back to one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I wish there had been more time for sketching... To my surprise, back at the hotel, there was a small temple at the hotel beach. It is a little construction known as "el nicho" which is very similar to the God of the Winds Temple at Tulum. It stands on a large rock in the middle of a small bay and there are many palapas nearby to comfortably sit and draw.

2 comments:

Jennifer Edwards said...

Wonderful sketches of what looks like a fabulous vacation!!!!

nanke's stuff said...

Very nice drawings, and what a wonderful place to be able to see! nancy